CoaguChek® Point-of-Care systems provide accurate PT/INR values from a single drop of blood within one minute, enabling immediate results and adjustment of medication with minimal discomfort to the patient.
CoaguChek® XS system for patients:
Small size and light meter, top or side blood dosing, on-board quality control on each strip and easy-to-use interface to ensure better safety and comfort.
CoaguChek® XS Pro system for healthcare professionals working in a high-throughput environment:
Same technology as the CoaguChek® XS system for patients, with the addition of healthcare system features such as quality control lock-out, barcode scanner for operator and patient identification, connectivity to healthcare information systems and other functionality for augmenting workflow efficiency and data integrity.
The CoaguChek® XS system shows highly comparable results with the gold standard reference method of the World Health Organization (WHO) and an excellent correlation to laboratory analyzers. The use of point-of-care testing (POCT) coagulation monitoring devices is recommended by Canadian healthcare technology assessment agencies for professional use and for patient INR self-monitoring, when appropriate.1-6
- Fast one-minute result
- Uses small, finger-prick capillary blood sample (8 μl, 1 drop)
- Built-in quality control automatically checks internal system functions and every test strip
- Laboratory-equivalent accuracy and precision with a low ISI (1.0)
- Wide measuring range (INR 0.8 to 8.0)
- No heparin (both unfractionated and low molecular weight) interference at therapeutic levels
- Strip and meter storage at room temperature
- Long shelf life (up to 21 months from production) at room temperature
The CoaguChek® XS system is the leading professional and patient PT/INR point-of-care testing meter in Canada.
For more information on CoaguChek for professional use or for INR patient self-monitoring, including training and educational tools, patient testimonials, and the CoaguChek Healthcare Expert program:
Please visit the CoaguChek Canada website at coaguchek.ca
1. Health Canada Medical Device License #2686, since 2006.
2. CADTH (CA): Optimal Use Report: Guidance of the Use of Point-of-Care Testing of International Normalized Ratio for Patients on Oral Anticoagulant therapy. 2014 Jul.
3. OHTAC (ON). Point-of-care international normalized ratio (INR) monitoring devices for patients on long-term oral anticoagulation therapy. 2009;9(12).
4. Alberta Health Technologies Decision Process. Univ of Calgary. Point-of-Care testing for oral anticoagulation management.
5. INESSS (QC). Avis du ministre. CoaguChek XS PT Test – mesure du rapport international normalisé. 2014 Feb.
6. UETMIS (CHU): Rapport. L’utilisation des coagulomètres portables pour le suivi de l’anticoagulothérapie orale. 2011 Jul.