Giving back to the communities where we live and work is a long-standing tradition at Roche Canada and one that mirrors our sustainability-driven approach to business.
Our employees share our commitment to giving back to the community and dedicate a considerable amount of volunteered time to a number of organizations including:
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Peel
- The Mississauga Food Bank
- Eden Food for Change
- North York Harvest Food Bank
- The Riverwood Conservancy
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish
- Children’s Breakfast Club
- Centre de bénévolat et Moisson Laval Food Bank
- Centraide of Greater Montreal
- Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer
Through both financial support and employee volunteerism, our philanthropy program aims to make a meaningful impact in our communities. Our employees engage in our give back efforts through a variety of programs that allow for greater engagement with community-based organizations, such as:
- Principal Charity Volunteer Days, which are company-organized opportunities for our employees to donate time during their work day in support of local charitable organizations. In 2017, 558 Roche Canada employees volunteered their time in a variety of team and individual activities, dedicating more than 2,900 hours to local charitable organizations.
- Roche Gives Back Week, which is a dedicated period during which we organize volunteer opportunities for employees with various community organizations. In 2018, over 250 employees participated in Roche Gives Back Week, dedicating more than 100 hours to local charitable organizations.
- A skills-based volunteering partnership with Let's Talk Science, which provides our employees with the opportunity to advance Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) education in our local area in many ways, including volunteering at school science fairs and competitions, developing educational content and in-school volunteer opportunities to educate students on specific topics.
- Personal Volunteer Days, which offer every employee either one full day or two half-days away from work to volunteer at a charity that is meaningful to them.