Giving back to the communities within which we live and work is a long-standing tradition at Roche Canada and one that mirrors our sustainability-driven approach to business. Through both financial support and employee volunteerism, our philanthropy program aims at making a meaningful impact in our communities.
Our philanthropic efforts have a broad alignment to our organization as a healthcare company. We will consider supporting charitable organizations that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Humanitarian and social projects
- Culture and arts projects
- Community and environment projects
- Science and education projects
Due to the volume of requests that are made to us, there are certain activities and organizations that are not eligible for funding support:
- Organizations that do not have a Canada Revenue Agency charitable number
- Political campaigns or political candidates
- Capital campaigns for facilities and infrastructure ('bricks and mortar')
- Political and/or religious organizations
- Organizations that are affiliated with any discriminatory practices or policies based on race, creed, gender, age, sexual preference or national origin
- Sponsorship of fundraising events (e.g. galas, golf tournaments)
How to make a request for philanthropic support
To be considered for philanthropic support, charitable organizations must submit a funding request through our online portal. All requests for philanthropic support are managed through an external process, which allows Roche Canada to consider requests that explicitly align with our philanthropy program.