Our increasingly connected world enables the rapid spread of infectious diseases, requiring rapid and accurate surveillance and monitoring. Roche Molecular Diagnostics offers a broad range of assays to detect and quantify viral and bacterial pathogens, in both single and multiplex formats.
Performance is a right, not a privilege
The cobas® 5800 System helps by making automation, consolidation, integration and standardization more accessible than ever before. Roche's proven modular concept now comes in a compact size, delivering premium performance and value-added utility from a small footprint.
Improve productivity and reduce error
- Minimize hands-on time with fully automated workflows
- Maximize productivity with continuous loading of samples and supplies
- Meet urgent requests with on-demand testing of samples
Maximize the value of your lab space
- Consolidate >90% of routine testing on a single platform*
- Run IVDs and LDTs on one system using the cobas omni Utility Channel
- Streamline instrumentation with a broad testing menu
Scale efficiently as demands change
- Connect seamlessly with your existing IT infrastructure
- Generate laboratory-specific insights to drive efficiency and productivity
- Include pre-analytical automation for greater simplicity of the entire workflow
Ensure consistency across testing
- Streamline processes with common assays, reagents and user experiences
- Deliver consistent patient results across testing sites
- Leverage built-in scalability to adapt to growing test volumes
For more information please visit: cobas® 5800 page
*May vary depending of the assays available.
Own the future
Integrated, fully automated molecular testing platforms available in medium and high-throughput models designed for blood screening, viral load monitoring, women’s health, and microbiology testing.
As molecular testing evolves, so can you.
Features and Benefits
Rapidly complete daily testing requirements with the highest throughput available and the fastest time to results.
- Process up to 384 (cobas® 6800) and 960 (cobas® 8800) tests in an 8‑hour shift.*
- Up to 96 test results are available about 3 hours*, with an additional 96 results available every 90 minutes thereafter for cobas® 6800 and every 30 minutes thereafter for cobas® 8800
Minimal and intuitive interactions with the systems provide users with eight (cobas® 6800) and four hours (cobas® 8800) of “work-away” time* while also reducing the potential for human error.
- Ready-to-use reagents ensure no thawing, mixing or pouring
- Improves productivity with onboard storage and refrigeration system maintaining inventory of consumables and reagents
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) and barcodes ensure full traceability, eliminating the need for manual records
Run the tests you want when you want without the need for further user interactions.
- Perform up to 3 tests in the same run without presorting or batching
- Optimize sample utilization by processing up to 3 different tests from the menu using a single patient sample
- Quickly and easily handle high-priority samples with the dedicated priority lane
- Consolidated and expanding menu to meet your needs today and tomorrow
The portfolio includes the cobas® 6800/8800 systems; the cobas p 680 instrument to support the creation of donor sample pools; three next-generation assays for viral load testing: cobas® HIV-1, cobas® HCV; and cobas® CMV plus two next-generation assays for donor screening: cobas® MPX, cobas® WNV.
*May vary based on workflow demands.
cobas® prime Pre-analytical System
Accelerating speed and efficiency in the molecular lab
The cobas® prime Pre-analytical System is the first and only solution capable of automatically preparing the variety and volume of samples received for molecular diagnostic testing.
- This fully automated system consolidates, integrates and standardizes the pre-analytical process
to streamline lab operations. With a significant increase in work-away time, laboratory technicians can shift their focus to higher-level challenges and opportunities.
- Solve testing challenges with a single solution. Together, the cobas® prime Pre-analytical System and the cobas® 6800 or cobas® 8800 System create a Molecular Work Area (MWA). This holistic solution provides testing consolidation that enables labs of every size to achieve new levels of speed and efficiency.
End-to-end efficiency with complete automation
- Eliminate virtually all manual pre-analytical steps currently performed manually within the lab.
Up to 86%* fewer manual touchpoints reduces the potential for human error and protects against cross contamination
- Continuously and randomly load different molecular sample types for multiple tests into a universal tray, without presorting
*Based on a workflow configuration that includes cobas® prime Pre-analytical System connected via cobas® connection module to cobas® 6800 System. Results may vary depending on different workflows. Data on file with Roche.
Comprehensive sample consolidation
- One universal sample tray as input for a variety of sample types and tests, with no sorting or batching.
- Fill the universal tray with samples in sample reception, then load directly into the system without any additional manual handling
- Eliminate the need for a variety of instruments and processes, reducing training requirements and associated costs
- An optional Process Plus Module enables the processing of additional sample types that require broader functionality, including reagent addition, heat treatment, or re-capping tubes
Single solution integration
The industry’s leading instruments converge to form a single solution that transforms your operation into a laboratory of the future.
- Optimized to work seamlessly with cobas® 6800 and cobas® 8800 Systems and their assays
The system can be easily integrated as a stand-alone or as a connected pre-analytical system, depending on your workflow
- Connection to cobas® infinity laboratory solutions extends automation, delivering one touch* molecular testing from sample receipt to archival
*Workflow combining cobas® prime Pre-analytical System, cobas® connection modules, cobas® 6800/8800 System and cobas® infinity laboratory solutions.
Unrivaled workflow standardization
- A standardized workflow brings predictability and efficiency to your laboratory's turnaround time.
Reliably deliver up to 1,600 samples on a single system per 8-hour shift** with predictable and efficient turnaround times
- Improve ease of use and reduce staff training with a common user interface between pre-analytical and analytical instruments
**Tubes decapping only workflow. Data on file with Roche.
Together, the cobas® prime Pre-analytical System and the cobas® 6800 or cobas® 8800 Systems create a Molecular Work Area.
The Molecular Work Area is designed to help labs of all sizes and disciplines stay competitive amidst an ever-changing healthcare landscape. This integrated experience delivers new levels of speed and efficiency, allowing laboratories to automate and consolidate up to 90% of routine testing.
Start your journey toward a more sustainable tomorrow, visit molecularworkarea.com to learn more.
Engineered for Peace of Mind
Fully automated sample preparation with real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology for amplification and detection.
Best combination of technologies available:
cobas x 480 Instrument
- Fully automated sample preparation from primary vials
- Ready-to-use, load-and-go reagents
- No thawing or mixing required
- Less than 20-minute set-up for full run of 94 samples
cobas z 480 Analyzer
- Real-time PCR with digital data capture provides accurate qualitative results with no gray zone
- Eliminates the need for equivocal sample retesting
- Advanced results algorithm eliminates the need for manual curve analysis
Features and Benefits
Easy-to-learn and easy-to-use software
- Intuitive user interface
- Requires only a few hours training at all levels of laboratory personnel
- Seamlessly integrates both system components
- Fully automated sample preparation
- High quality nucleic acid extraction technology
- Robust engineering reduces maintenance and downtime
- Bidirectional connectivity with an LIS for automated results reporting reduces labor and potential for error
Promotes Lab Efficiency
- Processes up to 384 samples a day
- Efficient for labs with lower throughput requirements
- Load primary collection tubes and liquid cytology vials directly on the system
- Minimal input volumes allow multiple tests from the same patient specimen
cobas p 480
Automated sample handling increases efficiency while reducing repetitive tasks.
The cobas p 480 instrument reduces hands-on time and offers a fast, reliable way to manage sample caps while eliminating repetitive motions that can cause injury.
- General-purpose, stand-alone instrument for automated sample handling
- Up to 94 specimens per run processed in less than 30 minutes
Automated uncapping of mixed samples
- cobas® PCR Media tubes
- SurePath™ containers
- PreservCyt® containers
- cobas® PCR Media tubes
- SurePath™ containers
Standardized sample handling
- Automated barcode check and alignment
- Automated mixing produces consistent homogeneity
- Precision movement reduces the risk of cross-contamination
- Minimizes the potential for human error
Increases laboratory efficiency
- Simple, user-friendly operation
- Processes multiple sample types simultaneously
- Offers the flexibility to support a variety of throughput requirements
- High-throughput operation allows a single instrument to support more than one analytic system
- No LIS or data connection required
Replacement caps ensure a quality seal
- Protect recapped samples for transport, storage or other testing needs
- Better seal integrity compared to parafilm or cellophane over pierced or open samples
- Packaged for easy loading and automated recapping