CoaguChek® Point-of-Care systems provide accurate PT/INR values from a single drop of blood within one minute, enabling immediate results and adjustment of medication with minimal discomfort to the patient.
Roche Diagnostics Canada offers two models of INR test meters using the same test strips, with dedicated features to fulfill patient and professional needs:
Small size and light meter, top or side blood dosing, on-board quality control on each strip and easy-to-use interface to ensure better safety and comfort.
Same technology as the CoaguChek® XS system for patients, with the addition of healthcare system features such as quality control lock-out, barcode scanner for operator and patient identification, connectivity to healthcare information systems and other functionality for augmenting workflow efficiency and data integrity.
The CoaguChek® XS system shows highly comparable results with the gold standard reference method of the World Health Organization (WHO) and an excellent correlation to laboratory analyzers. The use of point-of-care testing (POCT) coagulation monitoring devices is recommended by Canadian healthcare technology assessment agencies for professional use and for patient INR self-monitoring, when appropriate.1-6
- Fast one-minute result
- Uses small, finger-prick capillary blood sample (8 μl, 1 drop)
- Built-in quality control automatically checks internal system functions and every test strip
- Laboratory-equivalent accuracy and precision with a low ISI (1.0)
- Wide measuring range (INR 0.8 to 8.0)
- No heparin (both unfractionated and low molecular weight) interference at therapeutic levels
- Strip and meter storage at room temperature
- Long shelf life (up to 21 months from production) at room temperature
The CoaguChek® XS system is the leading professional and patient PT/INR point-of-care testing meter in Canada.
For more information on CoaguChek for professional use or for INR patient self-monitoring, including training and educational tools, patient testimonials, and the CoaguChek Healthcare Expert program:
Please visit the CoaguChek Canada website at coaguchek.ca
1. Health Canada Medical Device License #2686, since 2006.
2. CADTH (CA): Optimal Use Report: Guidance of the Use of Point-of-Care Testing of International Normalized Ratio for Patients on Oral Anticoagulant therapy. 2014 Jul.
3. OHTAC (ON). Point-of-care international normalized ratio (INR) monitoring devices for patients on long-term oral anticoagulation therapy. 2009;9(12).
4. Alberta Health Technologies Decision Process. Univ of Calgary. Point-of-Care testing for oral anticoagulation management.
5. INESSS (QC). Avis du ministre. CoaguChek XS PT Test – mesure du rapport international normalisé. 2014 Feb.
6. UETMIS (CHU): Rapport. L’utilisation des coagulomètres portables pour le suivi de l’anticoagulothérapie orale. 2011 Jul.