Infectious Diseases Assays
Molecular research continues to inspire diagnostic insights, and Roche works to translate these insights into difference-making applications.
Our comprehensive menu of diagnostic and research assays deliver accurate, reliable results each and every time. Explore our growing portfolio of assays and continue to trust your research to Roche.
Stay one step ahead. It takes more than just a single target.
As the challenges you face evolve, stay one step ahead with the next generation quantitative HIV-1 assay with a dual target approach.
Rapidly mutating HIV-1 virus can evade quantification with a single target viral load assay. cobas® HIV-1 quantitative nucleic acid test for use on the cobas® 4800/6800/8800 Systems targets two unique regions of the HIV-1 genome, gag and LTR, which are not subject to selective drug pressure. This approach improves test sensitivity, coverage and security in the event of mutation in one primer/probe region.
Features and Benefits
- Targeting two regions improves genotype inclusivity, detects HIV-1 variants and potentially avoids under quantification.
- Accurate quantification of HIV-1 RNA with a dual target assay contributes to optimal treatment decisions for patient management.
cobas® HIV-1 is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test for the quantitation of HIV-1 in EDTA plasma of HIV-1-infected individuals.
This test is intended for use in conjunction with clinical presentation and other laboratory markers for the clinical management of HIV-1-infected patients. This test can be used for confirmation of HIV-1 infection in antibody reactive individuals and to assess patient prognosis by measuring the baseline HIV-1 level or to monitor the effects of antiretroviral therapy by measuring changes in HIV-1 RNA levels during the course of antiretroviral treatment.
See what truly matters
cobas® HCV, quantitative nucleic acid test for use on the cobas® 4800/6800/8000 systems, delivers robust, clinically relevant assay performance based on the proprietary dual-probe assay design from Roche with built-in redundancy for broad genotype coverage and improved mismatch tolerance to ensure confidence in viral load monitoring. cobas® HCV is designed to deliver high sensitivity to meet the requirements of current and future chronic hepatitis C therapies combined with an efficient workflow for laboratories.
Features and Benefits
HCV – an ever-changing virus
The combination of error-prone RNA replication with a high rate of virus production results in extreme genetic variability of hepatitis C virus (HCV). A quantitative HCV RNA test must therefore be able to tolerate sequence mismatches for accurate and reliable results.
cobas® HCV accurately detects and quantifies all HCV genotypes 1 through 6
- Two non-overlapping detection probes, when combined with two staggered primers, ensure assay performance with HCV isolates containing sequence heterogeneity.
- Mismatch tolerance that enables the test to accurately quantify the target despite nucleotide changes in the viral genome while maintaining high specificity for HCV RNA.
Clinicians rely on regular HCV viral load assessment to achieve an optimal treatment outcome. Depending on the treatment regimen, HCV RNA measurements are made at baseline to identify likely treatment responders, to assess patient adherence during therapy, to determine if the treatment should be abbreviated or abandoned (futility rules) or that treatment has been successful and sustained virological response (SVR) has been achieved.
cobas® HCV delivers:
- Tight precision at medically-relevant decision points
- Accurate detection and quantification of HCV genotypes 1 through 6
- High sensitivity suitable for use with new HCV therapies
- Excellent correlation with the cobas® AmpliPrep/cobas® TaqMan® HCV Quantitative Test, v2.
Furthermore, cobas® HCV is approved as an aid in the diagnosis of HCV to confirm active infection in individuals with HCV antibody evidence.
cobas® HCV is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test for both the detection and quantitation of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA, in human EDTA plasma or serum, of HCV-infected individuals. Specimens containing HCV genotype 1 to 6 are validated for detection and quantitation in the assay.
The test is intended for use as an aid in the diagnosis of HCV infection in the following populations: individuals with antibody evidence of HCV with evidence of liver disease, individuals suspected to be actively infected with HCV antibody evidence, and individuals at risk for HCV infection with antibodies to HCV. Detection of HCV RNA indicates that the virus is replicating and therefore is evidence of active infection.
The test is intended for use as an aid in the management of HCV-infected patients undergoing anti-viral therapy. The assay measures HCV RNA levels at baseline and during treatment and can be utilized to predict sustained and non-sustained virological response to HCV therapy. The results must be interpreted within the context of all relevant clinical and laboratory findings.
cobas® HCV GT is a highly sensitive real-time PCR based test for the qualitative identification of HCV genotypes 1 to 6 and genotype 1 subtypes a and b in human plasma or serum from individuals with chronic HCV infection, using the cobas® 4800 System.
cobas® HCV GT uses three different target regions in the HCV genome (5’-UTR, Core, NS5B) to achieve excellent genotyping and subtyping accuracy compared to sequencing and the capability to detect both genotypes in mixed infections down to a ratio of 1:100.
Features and Benefits
- Optimized assay design
- Uses three different target regions in the HCV genome for improved genotype/subtype identification
- Excellent genotyping and subtyping accuracy compared to sequencing
- Overall genotype accuracy: 99.7%
- Overall subtype (1a/1b) accuracy: 100%
cobas® HCV GT is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test for the qualitative identification of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) genotypes 1 to 6 and genotype 1 subtypes a and b in human EDTA plasma or serum from individuals with chronic HCV infection, using the cobas® 4800 system: the cobas x 480 instrument for automated sample processing and the cobas z 480 analyzer for automated amplification and detection. cobas® HCV GT is intended for use in selecting individuals with chronic HCV infection for antiviral therapy and in determining the duration of therapy regimens according to the antiviral therapy prescribing information.
Enhancing the picture of CMV control
The cobas® CMV quantitative nucleic acid test for use on the cobas® 4800/6800/8800 Systems can be used to assess the need to initiate antiviral treatment and reliably monitor response to treatment in solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients receiving anti-CMV therapy.
Features and Benefits
- Standardisation: Traceable to the 1st WHO International Standard for Cytomegalovirus (NIBSC 09/162) Results reported in IU/mL, Consistent and reliable results across the linear range.
Enable result comparison across institutions to support standardisation efforts.
- Clinical validation: Extensive studies conducted during development to demonstrate analytical performance, External clinical studies performed demonstrating correlation between the cobas® 4800/6800/8800 Systems.
Help to minimise the need for extensive QC and validation.
- Workflow efficiency: Full automation to minimize hands-on time, Ready-to-use reagents and controls, Calibration performed by Roche.
Allow for more time to be spent on revenue generated activities for the lab.
cobas® CMV is an in-vitro nucleic acid amplification test for the quantitative measurement of cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA in human EDTA plasma. cobas® CMV is intended for use as an aid in the diagnosis and management of CMV in solid organ transplant patients and in hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients. The test can be used in these populations to assess the need to initiate antiviral treatment. In patients receiving anti-CMV therapy, serial DNA measurements can be used to assess viral response to treatment. The results from cobas® CMV must be interpreted within the context of all relevant clinical and laboratory findings.
Better information for patient management
The cobas® HBV test for use on the cobas® 4800/6800/8800 Systems provides robust, clinically relevant assay performance with a broad linear range and high sensitivity. cobas® HBV delivers optimal results throughout critical medical decision points and across all genotypes combined with a highly efficient laboratory workflow.
Features and Benefits
- Broad coverage of all known HBV genotypes (A-H) including pre-core mutations
- Tight precision at medically relevant decision points
- Excellent performance with serum and plasma specimens
- Built-in contamination control with AmpErase enzyme to prevent carryover contamination
- Excellent correlation to Roche COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® HBV Test, v2.0
cobas® HBV is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification test for the quantitation of hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA in human EDTA plasma or serum of HBV-infected individuals. This test is intended for use as an aid in the management of patients with chronic HBV infection undergoing anti-viral therapy. The test can be used to measure HBV DNA levels at baseline and during treatment to aid in assessing response to treatment. The results from cobas® HBV must be interpreted within the context of all relevant clinical and laboratory findings.